TERMS AND CONDITIONS
At FriendShips, we stress the importance of safety, so that you always have the best possible boating experience. Therefore, please ensure that you have read our terms and conditions before you book your boat.
Before you sail out into the canals, we will of course also make sure to explain you more about the sailing rules and show you how the boat works, so that you feel comfortable and safe. To not miss any time on the water, we recommend you to arrive approximately 15 minutes before your reservation starts so that we have time to do the instructions.
General rental conditions
- Starting and ending point is our boathouse at Trangravsvej on Christianshavn. Please see the map at the bottom of the page.
- Every rented hour consists of 55 minutes of sailing, from departure until you return the boat.
- Due to insurance reasons no more than 8 people are allowed in one boat - no matter age.
- Using and staying on our bridge, in our boathouse and boat is at your own risk.
- Lifejackets are included in the price, and are available in all weight classes, even for the smallest members of the family from 3 kilos and up. It’s required to bring along life vests for everyone in the boat, and it’s recommended to wear them.
- Bachelor or bachelorette parties or not allowed onboard our boats.
- The boats may not be used for any commercial purpose without our consent.
- Large speakers are not allowed. Music can’t be so loud it can be heard on land.
- Take care of the environment, don’t litter. This also includes cigarette butts.
Requirements to the operator
- No license or previous experience is needed to sail our boats. The operator just needs to be at least 18 years old and stay sober during the trip.
- The lessee needs to present a valid photo ID.
- Don’t leave the boat unattended. The operator needs to stay in the boat at all times.
Responsibility and compensation
- Lessee has full responsibility for the boat, engine and equipment. If any of these are not returned in the same condition, the lessee can be held responsible.
- The lessee commits to a deductible of DKK 8,000 for any damage on boat, engine or equipment.
- In case of any damage caused by others, the lessee is responsible for collecting insurance information from the tortfeasor.
- In the event of a collision with another boat, the lessee is obliged to contact the owner to handle any claim of damage.
- Make sure to tidy up after yourself. In severe cases, we add a cleaning fee of DKK 250.
Rules of sailing
- Abide by the sailing rules of the harbour, as informed by FriendShips’ staff upon arrival.
- Keep to the right as much as possible, and hold back for bigger boats.
- Show respect for other users of the harbour, and keep a safe distance.
- Respect yellow buoys and keep a safe distance, they mark objects in the water or mean no trespassing.
- When sailing under a bridge take the middle opening, and stop for red lights.
- In case of delay, immediately contact the office by phone on +45 5383 7878.
- On busy days an additional fee of DKK 150 will be charged for every 15 minutes delay.
- Is a delay reason for a search, the lessee will cover the costs.
- VAT is included in all prices.
- When booking online, we accept the following cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- At the boathouse, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, MobilePay and DKK cash.
- The full price is charged upon booking. Any refunds are given according to the cancellation policy. Please see below.
- We accept no liability for errors in the booking system. Current prices can be found here.
- Cancellations must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org including information of full name and booking ID.
- Cancellations made more than 24 hours before the start of the reservation, the full amount is refunded.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours before the start of the reservation, is not refunded.
- In case of conditions making sailing impossible, dangerous or in any way inadvisable, FriendShips reserves the right to and is obligated to cancel the reservation. This results in a full refund.
- Leasor is not liable to pay compensations in the case of cancellation due to weather conditions, missing boat due to theft or other unforeseeable circumstances. Any payments are of course refunded.
- The leasor can at any time refuse or cancel a reservation, if it is deemed irresponsible or if the rules above are not being respected. No refund will be given if it is less than 24 hours to the start of the booking.